History of Commercial Bank & Trust
- The charter for Commercial Bank was signed April 21, 1877, and the bank opened for business on May 15, 1877, under the name of Commercial Bank of Paris.
- On May 8, 1922, Commercial Bank purchased the Bank of Henry in Paris for $100,000.00, and the charter was amended to give the Bank trust powers. At this time, the name was changed to Commercial Bank & Trust Company.
- On October 20, 1933, directors authorized officers to make an application to join the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), and the bank has maintained membership since that time.
- In November 1983, R. Molitor Ford and William W. Deupree purchased Commercial Bank & Trust Company from more than 300 shareholders.
- In May 2002, Commercial Bank celebrated its 125th Anniversary.